Message sent to our 8th grade parents from Mrs. Doumanian on 5/14/21:
We are very excited to be able to celebrate in person with our 8th graders this year.
In order to make this happen safely, we are using the graduation guidelines provided by the State of California and Santa Clara County. These guidelines helped us to create the following requirements:
• The ceremony will occur on the grass area of the track on the MMS campus.
• All attendees must be masked at all times while on campus.
• Graduates will be seated in cohort groups with six feet distance between cohorts.
• Guests will be seated six feet apart from members of other households.
• Guests must be checked in at the entrance and only 2 guests permitted for each student.
• Guests will enter through a designated entrance and leave through a designated exit.
• Guests will be dismissed in a manner that does not allow for congregation following the event.
As a result of the six feet of social distancing requirement for guests, we are physically limited in the number of attendees. In order to accommodate this, we will have two promotion ceremonies. The students who attend school on Monday/Tuesday will have their promotion ceremony at 9am on Wednesday, June 9th. The students who attend school on Thursday/Friday will have their promotion ceremony at 1pm on Wednesday, June 9th. The students who remained in distance learning will be divided in half to attend the ceremonies. Students whose last name begins with A-K will attend the 9am ceremony and students whose last name begins with L-Z will attend the 1pm ceremony.
9am Ceremony: Students who attend school in person on Monday/Tuesday and Distance Learning Students’ whose name ends in A-K
1pm Ceremony: Students who attend school in person on Thursday/Friday and Distance Learning Students’ whose name ends in L-Z
After the ceremonies, guests will be dismissed from their seating area to return to their cars as we are not able to allow for congregation following the ceremonies. Students will exit the ceremony simultaneously using a different entrance and meet families at your predetermined location off campus. Please be sure to coordinate this location with your 8th grader prior to the ceremony.
We are grateful for the support of our families during this challenging year, and we look forward to celebrating our 8th graders at our promotion ceremony.